Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Thursday, November 08, 2007
The world of PR keeps getting weirder by the minute.... this time, seven contestants licked their way through more than 700 pounds of chocolate covering several Jeep vehicles.
In the picture, Ben Winner of Columbus, Ohio, licks through more than a 100 lbs. of chocolate covering the grill of a Jeep Commander, as he searches for the "sweet spot," and keys to an all-new Jeep Liberty in the Sweetest Day The Jeep Way Contest in Cleveland, the holiday's original home. In spite of his name, he didn't win...
Sunday, November 04, 2007
Jada Toys makes this sharp 1:64 die cast replica of a Jeep Commander, with a radical suspension lift. Jada Toys Jada Toys, Inc., headquartered in City of Industry, Calif., is a leading manufacturer of authentically licensed and highly stylized die-cast collectible and remote controlled vehicles. You can buy their products here.
Labels: Die Cast Models
Now may be the best time to buy a new Jeep Commander. The Commander appeared in first place among the most heavily discounted cars, according to Businessweek, selling at 29% discount off retail price. The Jeep Grand Cherokee also appears on the list, with discounts of up to 25%.
Friday, November 02, 2007
Chrysler announced that it will cut production of four models for 2008: Chrysler Pacifica, PT Cruiser convertible, Crossfire and Dodge Magnum. The Jeep Commander appears safe for now, although some speculate that it may be a casualty of the next round of cuts, due to its slow sales and the possible cannibalization of Jeep Grand Cherokee sales.
Thursday, November 01, 2007
- Increases horsepower & torque.
- Maximizes airflow for better acceleration and responsiveness
- Improved performance results in greater fuel efficiency
- Installs in less than 60 minutes using factory mounting points
- No cutting or drilling to engine compartment is required
- Replaces OE air filter with high flow high performance 360 degree radial flow air filter
- Washable/reusable air filter with the deepest pleats in the industry is the largest possible in the space allowed
- Replaces factory air box with a heat-blocking shield that seals to the hood
- Limited lifetime warranty
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Very cool video of a Jeep Commander crossing a river at a 4x4 event in the Phillipines. The video shows a Range Rover crossing the river first (the Commander appears a couple of minutes into the video, so be patient...).
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Friday, August 24, 2007
Halos ( rings of light surrounding the outside edge of the reflectors on vehicle headlights) were originally developed by BMW and now aftermarket manufacturers are offering halo kits for many different makes and models. I found this halo kit for the Jeep Commander on ebay, marketed by a company called Advanced Automotive Concepts. This halo kit uses CCFL (cold cathode fluorescent lighting) core technology. CCFL produces a very white light with a very slight hint of blue or cyan. The look is very "high tech" and matches HID equipped lights exceedingly well. Additionally, this technology provides for very bright output from the halo rings so they're visible day or night. It can be installed in under four hours if you are moderately experienced.
Monday, August 20, 2007
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
The New Chrysler Premiere Event will take place today, Aug. 15, 2007. From 6 to 9 p.m., attendees at participating dealerships will have the opportunity to drive new products and enter a sweepstakes for a chance to win one of 15 Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge vehicles. The sweepstakes offerings include the following 2007 or 2008 model year (MY) vehicles: Chrysler 300C; Chrysler Aspen; Chrysler Crossfire; Chrysler Pacifica; Jeep Commander; Jeep Compass; Jeep Grand Cherokee; Jeep Liberty; Dodge Caliber; Dodge Charger; Dodge Dakota Crew Cab; Dodge Durango; Dodge Magnum; Dodge Nitro and the Dodge Ram Mega Cab.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Good news for those of you who wanted more cargo space in their Commanders instead of that third row of seats. The 2008 Commander Sport will be offered with two rows of seats as standard equipment, which means a larger cargo space compartment. Those who still want the three rows of seats with the 3.7L V6 Sport can still get it as an option. Check the 2008 Jeep Commander Sport specs here.
Tech Tags: jeep jeep+commander jeep+xk
Labels: Commander Sport
Sunday, August 05, 2007
These have to be some of the most spectacular pictures taken of a Commander in action, doing what it is supposed to do. Thanks to PolarBZ from the Jeep Commander Forum for allowing us to post them (check also the video at the end).
Saturday, August 04, 2007
These bolt-on, CNC-ported cylinder heads are equipped with the highest quality parts and technology available to deliver optimum performance. Capable of handling camshafts with valve lifts up to .600". Designed to optimize flow while maintaining optimum port velocity. They are available for the 2006 Jeep Commander with the Hemi engine. Read more.
Tech Tags: jeep jeep+commander mopar damilerchrysler
Labels: Engine Performance Mopar
Monday, May 07, 2007
The Feds are investigating complains from 26 Jeep Commander owners whose vehicles allegedly stall unexpectedly, sometimes with loss of some or all lighting systems. This preliminary investigation could lead to the recall of more than 135,000 Jeep Commanders. [ Read More ]. Has this happened to you?
Sunday, April 08, 2007
Interesting short video showing the Jeep Commander Tire Pressure Monitor Display at work. Sure it came in handy for these fellows, considering the kind of terrain they were driving through...
Friday, April 06, 2007
Saturday, March 31, 2007
Tech Tags: jeep jeep+commander jeepcommander daimlerchrysler
Friday, March 23, 2007
The Rocky Mountain is a special edition Jeep Commander that will be built from March 1 to May 31, 2007. It will be available in both 4x2 and 4x4 versions. It will come standard with the 3.7L V6 engine and an optional 4.7L V8 (the Hemi will not be offered). Other standard features are:
, rear mounted Rocky Mountain badge
- Boston Acoustics(R) six-speaker AM/FM/six-disc CD/MP3 player
- Door entry guards
- Power sunroof with dual Command-View skylights
- Embroidered Jeep(R) logo on front seatback
- Fog lamps
- Side air bags
- SIRIUS(R) Satellite Radio
- P245/65R17 BSW All Terrain Tires
- Tow hooks
- 17-inch Wrench cast-aluminum wheels with gray accents
- Engine, 4.7L V8 Flex Fuel, 235hp, 295 ft.-lb. torque
- Exterior color - Red Rock Crystal Pearl Coat
- Exterior color - Jeep Green Metallic Clear Coat
- Popular Equipment Group: Heated Front Seats, Power Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start System and Adjustable Roof Rail Crossbars
- QuadraTrac II(R) 4x4 Group: 3.55 Axle Ratio, Quadra-Trac(R) II Full-Time Active 4WD System, Skid Plate Group and Trail Rated Badge
- QuadraDrive II(R) 4x4 Group: Electronic Limited-Slip Differential Front Axle, Electronic Limited-Slip Differential Rear Axle, Quadra-Drive(R) 4WD System and Skid Plate Group
- Engine Block heater
- Premium Front & Rear Floor Mats with Logo
- P245/65R17 OWL All Terrain Tires
- Rear Air Conditioning with Heater
- Trailer Tow Group - Class II
- Trailer Tow Group - Class IV
Labels: Rocky Mountain
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Jeep and Artehouse, one of the largest publishers of vintage posters and prints, have set up a website where you can purchase high quality prints of the Jeep Commander (and other Jeep vehicles and concepts). Prices start at $17.99 for a 9" x 12" print. You can also find posters, murals, note cards and magnets.