Saturday, March 31, 2007
Tech Tags: jeep jeep+commander jeepcommander daimlerchrysler
Friday, March 23, 2007
The Rocky Mountain is a special edition Jeep Commander that will be built from March 1 to May 31, 2007. It will be available in both 4x2 and 4x4 versions. It will come standard with the 3.7L V6 engine and an optional 4.7L V8 (the Hemi will not be offered). Other standard features are:
, rear mounted Rocky Mountain badge
- Boston Acoustics(R) six-speaker AM/FM/six-disc CD/MP3 player
- Door entry guards
- Power sunroof with dual Command-View skylights
- Embroidered Jeep(R) logo on front seatback
- Fog lamps
- Side air bags
- SIRIUS(R) Satellite Radio
- P245/65R17 BSW All Terrain Tires
- Tow hooks
- 17-inch Wrench cast-aluminum wheels with gray accents
- Engine, 4.7L V8 Flex Fuel, 235hp, 295 ft.-lb. torque
- Exterior color - Red Rock Crystal Pearl Coat
- Exterior color - Jeep Green Metallic Clear Coat
- Popular Equipment Group: Heated Front Seats, Power Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start System and Adjustable Roof Rail Crossbars
- QuadraTrac II(R) 4x4 Group: 3.55 Axle Ratio, Quadra-Trac(R) II Full-Time Active 4WD System, Skid Plate Group and Trail Rated Badge
- QuadraDrive II(R) 4x4 Group: Electronic Limited-Slip Differential Front Axle, Electronic Limited-Slip Differential Rear Axle, Quadra-Drive(R) 4WD System and Skid Plate Group
- Engine Block heater
- Premium Front & Rear Floor Mats with Logo
- P245/65R17 OWL All Terrain Tires
- Rear Air Conditioning with Heater
- Trailer Tow Group - Class II
- Trailer Tow Group - Class IV
Labels: Rocky Mountain
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Jeep and Artehouse, one of the largest publishers of vintage posters and prints, have set up a website where you can purchase high quality prints of the Jeep Commander (and other Jeep vehicles and concepts). Prices start at $17.99 for a 9" x 12" print. You can also find posters, murals, note cards and magnets.
Saturday, March 10, 2007
Jeep is advertising a $3000 cash back allowance for buyers of the Jeep Commander. If you want to lease, the allowance is $3000 plus $1000 more if you are returning from a lease another Chrysler vehicle. With dealer inventory of Jeep Commanders now topping the 197 days mark, you may get an even better deal from the dealers themselves.
Saturday, March 03, 2007
I found this video of a Jeep Commander doing some fancy maneuvers on icy snow. The driver's got a pretty good grip on the car, although those lightposts are a little too close for comfort, if you ask me. Have fun...
07 Commander on Vimeo
Chrysler US unit sales for February 2007 were down 8% vs. last year. The Jeep brand was down 5% mainly due to sharp drops in the Jeep Liberty (-41%), Jeep Grand Cherokee (-22%) and the Jeep Commander (-24%). Meanwhile, the Jeep Wrangler continued to post impressive gains (63%) and the Jeep Compass posted its second best month since its introduction in June 2006, selling 4,071 units.
Thursday, March 01, 2007
Here's an interesting alternative to wood dash kits. This brushed Aluminum dash kit for the 2006-2007 Jeep Commander is being offered for sale at ebay by Dash Outlet. This 20 pc. set is laser cut and backed with 3M back tape for installation.